Since engineered hardwood flooring is made from wood, it requires almost the same cleaning methods as any other type of wood flooring. Here are some maintenance advices for engineered hardwood flooring:
• When cleaning, use either a vacuum cleaner with a soft flooring attachment, or a broom.
• A dry microfiber dust mop can be used to pick up dirt and debris from the floor.
• Spills must be wiped up as soon as they occur. Excessive water or liquid can cause irreversible damage to engineered hardwood flooring.
• Pebbles, dirt, moisture, grains of sand and debris can be kept away by placing floor mats and rugs at all entrances. This will help keep the upper wear layer and finish of your floor safe and intact for a longer period of time.
• Wax-based cleaners, harsh detergents, or steel wool should not be used to clean engineered hardwood flooring.